Many plastic surgeons spend a lot of time during patient consultations on preparing patients for their potential surgery. But it’s also equally important to focus on the emotional & psychological aspects of a patient’s recovery. Although research has shown that a majority of patients are satisfied with their results, there are some tips to help during your recovery period:
1. Establish a strong support system (with friends and relatives).
2. Set up your recuperation space with everything you need, including diversions, food, water, and a telephone.
3. Stay near a bathroom while healing.
4. Keep the end result in mind.
5. Eat well, drink plenty of water, and get lots of rest.
6. Avoid alcohol.
7. Let your support team help you while you heal.
8. Follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions about medications and activity.
9. Don’t judge your appearance while you’re still swollen, bruised, or stitched.
10. When in doubt, call your surgeon.