What is a MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure:
MicroRhinoplasty™ is a specialized nasal procedure, designed to correct the shape of the nasal bridge, without invasive surgery. Patients who are troubled by a large, nasal ‘hump’ will see exceptional results from a MicroRhinoplasty™, without committing to weeks of recovery. While a traditional Rhinoplasty is performed at a surgical center and requires general anesthesia, a MicroRhinoplasty™ takes only minutes in Dr. Miller’s office; local anesthesia is all that is necessary. Utilizing a very small, innovative air microsaw, Dr. Miller is able to shave layers of bone away from the nasal bridge to create an attractive nose without breaking the bone or requiring stitches.
Are you a good candidate for MicroRhinoplasty™:
While the MicroRhinoplasty™ is an excellent alternative to the more traditional Rhinoplasty procedure, not everyone is an appropriate candidate. Individuals who are frustrated with a ‘nasal hump’ or bump along the bridge of the nose may make an excellent candidate for a MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure. Patients should also be in generally good health, and have realistic expectations from the procedure. Before a surgery is scheduled, a consultation appointment will be setup with Dr. Miller. At this time, it will be determined if a MicroRhinoplasty™ is the correct procedure for the specific situation.
How to prepare for a MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure:
The MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure has a shorter recovery and far less downtime than more traditional procedures, but as it is still considered a mildly invasive cosmetic procedure. Patients should do their homework before scheduling their MicroRhinoplasty™. With a full understanding of the procedure, recovery, and expected results, patients can be ensured of a safe and satisfactory MicroRhinoplasty™.
- Dr. Miller will provide specific instructions on preparing for your upcoming MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure, but remember to keep these key points in mind:
- Review the post-surgical instructions given by Dr. Miller during the consultation appointment. If there are any remaining questions, contact the office before the day of scheduled surgery.
- Pick up all prescription medications prior to the procedure. Do not put yourself in the position to wait of waiting at the pharmacy, when you should be resting at home.
- If necessary, arrange for a ride home from the surgical center or physician’s office. With many types of anesthesia, patients will not be allowed to drive themselves home.
- Keep Dr. Miller’s contact information, as well as other emergency numbers, in an easy to find location. If any problems arise, you or a close friend/family member should be able to immediately call for assistance.
- Schedule all follow-up appointments with Dr. Miller. Put these on your calendar – these appointments are extremely important in the healing process.
What to expect during a MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure:
Dr. Miller performs the MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure in his state-of-the-art office suite, with a local anesthetic. The pain-free procedure will take from five to fifteen minutes to complete.
To perform the MicroRhinoplasty™, Dr. Miller will utilize an innovative air-powered microsaw, designed specifically for fine and precise nasal bone reduction. Going through a very small incision within the nostril, Dr. Miller will use the saw to reduce the bony hump of the nasal bridge layer by layer. He will continue sculpting the nose in this manner until the predetermined contour has been achieved. As no incision is made, patients do not require any sutures after the procedure.
Potential Risks of MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure:
MicroRhinoplasty™ is considered both safe and effective for the repair of a ‘nasal hump’. Unlike traditional the Rhinoplasty osteotomy (surgically cutting the bone), no nasal bones are fractured during the MicroRhinoplasty™; therefore fewer risks involved. As with any other cosmetic procedure, there is always a rare chance for complications to occur. These may include infection, poor wound healing, and asymmetry.
How long is the recovery time after a MicroRhinoplasty™:
The recovery from a MicroRhinoplasty™ is significantly faster and easier than with a traditional Rhinoplasty. There will be little, if any pain, after the procedure. Swelling and bruising may occur, but these are minor and will resolve over the following two or three weeks. Patients normally feel well enough to return to work or school in only a day or two. Strenuous activities should be postponed for approximately four to six weeks, however, as the nose finishes healing.
1. When can I return to work after a MicroRhinoplasty™?
Patients normally feel well enough to return to work or school in just one to two days after their MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure.
2. What do I do before my MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure?
To prepare for a MicroRhinoplasty™, patients should carefully review the post-surgical instructions given by Dr. Miller during the consultation appointment. If there are any questions or concerns, contact the office before the day of your procedure. When necessary, prescription medications should be picked up at the pharmacy prior to surgery. Also, if needed, arrange for a ride home from Dr. Miller’s surgical suite.
3. How long will my recovery from MicroRhinoplasty™ last?
The recovery period after a MicroRhinoplasty™ is dramatically shorter than that from a more traditional ‘nose job’. Patients can expect little to no pain, less swelling, and less bruising than would be seen with a Rhinoplasty. In only a few short days, patients are comfortable back at work or school.
4. How long is the MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure?
A MicroRhinoplasty™ procedure can take as little as five minutes. The procedure is performed in Dr. Miller’s office-surgical suite.