Five Top Common Nose Shapes with Photos
If you are not happy with your nose, then rhinoplasty is always available to enhance and improve you appearance. While this type of procedure does not promise to change you life, it will give you a new lease on how you feel about yourself. Before you consider any invasive procedure however, you need to understand everything there is to know about what to expect during the procedure and afterwards.
To help you decide on your new nose, the following noses are the most common shapes that rhinoplasty patients choose. Your own selection will depend on the shape of your nose now and the symmetry of your face. After all, you want your new nose to enhance—not detract—from your features and appearance.
- The Snub Nose Shape (a popular choice). An attractive nose, the snub nose is found in approximately 4.7% of the surveyed population. The nose is small and slopes upward at the tip, causing the nostrils to be visible. Noses of this shape are usually smaller and tend to turn up. The tip of the nose is neither round nor flat. With its slightly upturned tip, it gives the impression of a snobbish person. An example of a celebrity who exhibits this type of nose is Carrie Mulligan (see associated picture). Elizabeth Taylor also exhibited a snub nose.
- The Roman Shaped Nose. The Roman nose is an over-projected nose shape, which is characterized by an outward curvature in the center protruding from the face. The bridge is pronounced and bent or curved. The nose can appear to be hooked because of its prominent bridge. This nose is often associated with great leaders and signals a person who possesses a strong personality. An example of a celebrity with a Roman shaped nose is actor Ryan Gosling.
- The Turned-up Nose. The turned-up nose, also referred to as the celestial nose was found in approximately 13% of the people surveyed in the general population. Research has deemed this nose shape to be one of the most attractive. The concave features of the noses displays a depression in the mid-part and a tip that protrudes. The inward arch is due to a bulky and bulbous tip, which is commonly featured among Caucasians. If the curving of the nose is gentle, then most people find the nose to be quite attractive. For anyone whose curve is more pronounced, then surgery is often an option to improve the appearance. An example of a celebrity with a turned-up nose is Zac Efron.
- The Greek-shaped Nose. (Jennifer Anniston). This nose type is a straight nose type and is often associated with people who are considered to be quite intelligent or in good control of their emotions. Mona Lisa is considered to have had a Greek-shaped nose.
- The Nubian-shaped Nose. This nose shape is characterized as long with a wide base. This nose is often associated with people who are curious and open-minded. President Barack Obama exhibits this nose type.
Naturally, you don’t have to choose a nose that is exactly like a celebrity. Again, the kind of nose you select must be based on the symmetry and shape of your face and what you hope to achieve aesthetically. If you are realistic about your expectations, you should be well-pleased with the final results.
Settle for Nothing But the Best Facial Plastic Surgery
Facial Plastic Surgery
Dr. Philip Miller and his team of New York's top rated facial plastic surgery experts provide custom cosmetic treatment plans that include a combination of minimally-invasive techniques and advanced procedures, to help each patient achieve the Aesthetic Confidence® they desire. Our unique NatraFace™ approach to facial rejuvenation includes the following effective procedures:
Eyelid Plastic Surgery
Dr. Miller and Kaylyn Plum, PA-C provide patients with Manhattan's #1 customized care and treatment for smooth, supple skin that brightens the eyes and revitalizes the face. With our NatraFace™ approach, we utilize a combination of effective aesthetic techniques tailored to suit each patient’s needs. We offer:
Rhinoplasty (Nose Jobs)
Dr. Miller and his staff of NYC's best aesthetic specialists offer the NatraNose® process, which is a comprehensive range of minimally-invasive and advanced techniques to achieve natural-looking rhinoplasty results, improve nasal function, and meet the patient’s aesthetic goals. Dr. Miller specializes in nose jobs, nose reductions, non-surgical nose jobs, and more: Adjust the links in these sections as follows:
Skin Care Treatments
Widely acclaimed for our broad range of flawless skincare solutions, Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS and his team of aesthetic specialists offer customized skincare treatment plans to achieve healthy, natural-looking results. As part of our NatraLook™ process, the following procedures may be performed individually or in combination with more advanced surgical treatments for optimal rejuvenation.
The Plastic Surgery Podcast with Dr. Philip Miller
Tune into The Plastic Surgery Podcast, hosted by facial plastic surgeon Dr. Philip Miller. Dr. Miller is here to answer your questions, de-mystify plastic surgery, and help you feel more knowledgeable and empowered about any procedure performed at our center.
The Plastic Surgery Podcast
Plastic Surgery w/ Dr. Miller
If you're thinking about getting a lift, nip, or tuck, this app is for you. It's the most comprehensive pocket encyclopedia of plastic surgery terms, before and after photos, and visualization tools to help you really know what to expect from a procedure, including seeing potential results on your own photo. This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.View in App Store >